In Love

In Love
Photo by Jennifer Graham Photography

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Milan Fashion Report, Part II

Your intrepid reporter back again, to recant my last fashion report. It seems there was an anomaly, a glitch in the matrix as it were, in that last Wednesday afternoon (the period previously reported on) was in fact the start of a four day holiday weekend, and thus the people on the train with us were not commuters, but just regular shlubs (i.e., shlubinos).

Having returned Saturday to Milan - and this time actually entering the town - I will say that people here are indeed quite fashionable. Not in the fancy way, and not in the what's-in-style way (although there was some of both), but in the I'm-having-fun-with-clothes-and-looking-good way. Which is the most fun of all. If I come home with some kind of pastel-colored capri pants, it'll be because I was having fun with clothes too.

Now, Abbie has made the point that I have no business blogging about what is fashionable (because, as we know, bloggers all have advanced degrees and 10+ years experience in the topic at hand). And to that I say - bullocks. I have an advanced degree in looking at people and have myself worn clothes for 10+ years. So I can say when someone is doing something fun with clothes - even if I don't know any brands or history or context or whatever. That's someone else's blog, yo.

Oh, and Milan bears more than 24 hours visiting. But if that's all you got, you can still eat a weeks worth of food. It's useful to have as your tour guide a food blogger who lives in Milano. Sara took us to try a different treat every 50 meters or so - fresh pastries, little pizza thingies, gelatos, seafood melanges, more pizza thingies, more gelatos, and to top it off a huge lunch spread with homemade salads, shaved meats, an olive party, and fresh buffalo mozzarella that if worth the price of the flight. We are truly grateful to Sara and her husband Sante for the fantastic hospitality and the extra 2 kilograms, and we are looking forward to returning the favor in SF later this summer.

And now off to bed here in our B&B in Torino, as tomorrow starts my first day of the Fellowship.

Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. I am deeply confused about the "Stovie is blogging about fashion in Milan" development. I now understand how some of you are feeling about the "Fredo is now a rabid Giants fan."

    ReplyDelete