In Love

In Love
Photo by Jennifer Graham Photography

Friday, June 3, 2011

Marination

So we’ve already defined cities, and we’ve already defined love (as imperfect as those definitions may be). Now we ask – what does one have to do with the other? How can cities facilitate love? What kind of cities would love build?

I don’t think I’ve ever asked those questions before. But they’re blowing my mind, because these are exactly the two questions that sit at the junction of my personal and professional lives. A junction that, I realize, I’ve just arrived at.

Who knows if this contemplation will yield something worthy, or how long I’ll need to marinate on these questions to yield something juicy. But they certainly warrant serious contemplation. Which I will begin post-haste, over a seven-course meal and possibly a bottle of vino rosso at an intimate ristorante listening to Lake Como lap the foot of the Italian Alps. Even if you can’t join us there, please join us in the contemplation, because I don’t think I’m getting out of this roundabout alone (cannot…get…left).

No comments:

Post a Comment